Recycling For Over
Who do you recycle with?
Franklin Iron and Metal specializes in industrial scrap recycling services for businesses and tradesmen. We offer high quality and reliable services that consistently exceed customers’ expectations.
From logistics to transportation, we’ll arrange for reliable and efficient scrap shipment. Whether you need a roll-off container for your manufacturing facility, construction site, cleanup project, or at your recycling facility, we’ll deliver it on-site and on time.
We offer a state-of-the-art, computerized, drive-on scales to provide accurate weight readouts and even faster transaction payments.
Increased pricing and deals for large scale producers.
Scrap Metal Pricing Table
*Ferrous Metals mostly contain iron, are magnetic, good conductors of electricity, have low resitance to rust, and often weigh more.
*Non-Ferrous Metals do not contain iron, are NOT magnetic, are malleable, have a high resistance to rust, and often weigh less.
Before you load your material…
- Review the list of scrap we buy.
- Review our current day scrap prices.
- Know where you are going. Get Directions.
- We are open Monday thru Friday until 4:30pm. Don’t be late!
When you arrive…
- Check in at the front office and present a valid photo ID.
- Proceed to the unloading area and remove the scrap from your vehicle. We will assist based on our availability but please be prepared to help unload.
- Go back to the scale and get weighed out. We will give you a ticket based on the weight difference and competive current scrap prices.
- Finally, take your ticket to the ATM, follow the instructions, and get paid cash on the spot.
Scrap We Buy
End of Life Vehicles and
- Junk Cars
- Old Trucks
- Farm Equipment
- Farm Machinery
- Cast Iron Patio Furniture
- Cast Iron Outdoor Railing
- Sheet Metal
- Stainless Steel
- Steel Wheels
- Washers and Dryers
- Air Conditioners
- Aluminum Cans
- Aluminum Pots and Pans
- Aluminum Siding/Gutters/Downspouts
- Aluminum Patio Furniture
- Aluminum Wheels
- Aluminum Wire
- Auto Batteries
- Brass Fixtures/Lamps Decorative items
- Cable, Fence and Wire
- Christmas Lights
- Copper and Brass Plumbing Pipes
- Copper and Brass Plumbing Valves and Connectors
- Copper Tubing
- Copper Wire
- Electric Motors
- Insulated Wire
- Screen Doors and Window Frames
- TV Cable
- Office Electronics
The following items are prohibited from acceptance at Franklin Iron and Metal and its subsidiaries, except by special arrangement. Please call ahead to make arrangements: (269) 968-6111
- Acetylene Cylinders
- Asbestos or Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM)- applies to both fibrous and solid materials
- Any Scrap Containing Refrigerants (CFC or HCFC) unless the facility has agreed to recover the refrigerants
- Cathode Ray Tubes (CRT/tube-style computer monitors or televisions)
- Closed Compressed Gas Cylinders – high pressure cylinders with valve intact
- Combustible or Flammable Materials – fuels, paints, degreasers, unpunctured aerosol cans
- Corrosive Materials – highly acidic or caustic materials (battery acid, caustic soda, etc.)
- Explosive Materials, Munitions, Shell Casings – includes suspect military scrap
- Free Flowing Liquids (including water)
- Hazardous Waste – toxic or poisonous materials or wastes
- Infectious Materials – blood-soaked or biohazard items
- Liquids or Scrap Containing Free Flowing Liquids – fuels, antifreeze, oils, hydraulic fluid, paints
- Mercury Containing Materials – mercury-containing thermostats, switches or fluorescent light bulbs
- Non-Metallic Items – concrete, wood, asphalt, dirt, debris, tires (more than 5 per auto)
- PCB-Containing Materials
- Radioactive Scrap – anything exhibiting radiation levels above background
- Scrap with Small Capacitors that contain 50 ppm of PCBs
Safety First, Always
- Watch out for heavy equipment.
- Make eye contact with the operator before moving around mobile equipment.
- Follow directions of traffic directors and inspectors.
- Only enter the unloading areas when instructed.
- Exit vehicle and stay in the designated area if your vehicle is unloaded with mobile equipment.
- Do not climb on or take material from scrap piles.
- Observe “No Smoking” and “Do Not Enter” signs in the yard.
- Watch out for pedestrians while driving (especially when backing up).
- Check for moving railcars at crossings and proceed cautiously over tracks.
- Report any injuries to the FIM office promptly.
- Dress appropriately – wear sturdy shoes and use gloves to handle scrap.
120 South Ave.
Battle Creek, MI 49014
Hours of Operation
Sunday - Closed
Monday - 7:00 to 16:30
Tuesday - 7:00 to 16:30
Wednesday - 7:00 to 16:30
Thursday - 7:00 to 16:30
Friday 7:00 to 16:30
Saturday - Closed